2016's 10 Most Dangerous Toys to Avoid this Holiday Season
Every three minutes, a child is treated in an emergency room due to an injury caused by a toy. In fact, since January of last year, 19 toys have been recalled due to their defective and dangerous qualities. As a result, the World Against Toys Causing Harm, or WATCH, compiles a list of the most dangerous toys, which parents and other holiday-shoppers should avoid purchasing for children.
This year’s list includes toys that are considered hazardous for numerous reasons, such as sharply pointed edges that can cause lacerations and small pieces that create choking hazards. Additionally, WATCH reports that many of the toys do no provide adequate warning labels for consumers purchasing these items.
WATCH reported the following as 2016’s most dangerous 10 toys:
- Peppa Pig's Muddy Puddles Family: Small parts pose serious choking risks
- Kids Time Baby Children's Elephant Pillow: Suffocation dangers and lack of warning
- Slimeball Slinger: Slimeball ammunition can be fired with force that can cause injuries to eyes
- Banzai Bump N' Bounce Body Bumpers: Potential impact injuries
- Nerf Rival Apollo XV-700 Blaster: Potential eye injuries and lack of warning
- The Good Dinosaur Galloping Butch: Potential for puncture wounds due to pointy tail and lack of warning
- Peppy Pups: Risk of strangulation due to long cord and lack of warning
- Flying Heroes Superman Launcher: Potential eye and facial injuries
- Baby Magic Feed and Play Baby: Spoon has potential to be mouthed, which can block a child's airway and lack of warning
- Warcraft Doomhammer: Potential blunt impact injury
Has Your Child Been Hurt by a Defective Toy? Call Schneider Hammers.
If your child has suffered harm due to a defective toy, we urge you to contact our Atlanta product liability lawyers at Schneider Hammers right away. We can ensure your child receives the medical attention necessary while we ensure your rights are protected. When you choose our legal team, you can rest easier knowing we will pursue maximum financial compensation for emotional distresses, medical expenses, lost wages, and physical pain you or your child may have acquired because of a defective product.
Get the help you need by contacting our Atlanta product liability attorneys at Schneider Hammers right away.